Re: How to send a return receipt

=- Patrick Schoenfeld wrote on Tue 23.Oct'07 at 20:28:41 +0200 -=

> Because i face the fact that it is _impossible_ to convince you.
> You exepect us to prove that the feature request is valid,

No, I see your point, you don't have to convince me nor prove
anything. I'm absolutely clear about your position, and that is
nothing more or less than I have: an opinion, a preference.
 It's just different from yours.

You've given reasons why the rulers should do it your way, I have
given mine for my. I hope they'll choose mine, I fear your chances
are better though (argumentatively judging from the past), but
most probably nothing will happen too soon either way.

> but you don't prove what you use to tell that we are wrong.

You are not wrong with your opinion, it is valid and alright.
Just not for me and other mutters.

If you mean the final implementation with "what you use", then
you're right, I haven't so far, because I left it to the
"do-it-yourself" guys to try.

> You are not even possible to tell how it is configurable, without
> reinventing the wheel (by recoding whats already implemented in
> mutt), but you keep teelling this.

It's not needed to reinvent the wheel, because it doesn't have to
work as you are used to it, as long as it works.

> So all you've done until now is: Saying that _you_ don't like the
> feature and that it it will not be included for this reason.

No.

> You did not really argue, but you are in an authoritive position,
> so this discussion could be endless or one of us could give up.

Well, I gave you my reasons, just they don't mean much to you,
because you pay more attention to other aspect than I do.

> A consense is impossible to reach. And its
> impossible that you would give up. So I do it. EOT from me.

No need to give up. Accepting to disagree is a valid result.