Re: How to resend message multiple times effectively

> For a few dozen recipients or less, place all the recipient addresses
> (comma-delimited) on the BCC: line, and place your own address on the
> TO: line.
>
> About a year ago, I had need to make a periodic mailing to a few
> hundred email addresses.  I tried several approaches, but I did not
> find a satisfactory open-source package.
Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but what's wrong with having
an alias file of this kind of content and the source it on .muttrc:

alias mailinglist1 New List \
<email address 1>,\
<email address 2>,\
        .
        .
        .
<email address n>,\
<my own address>

I'm sure we can write some kind of poor man's python script or
shell/sed/awk script to add or remove address from this. You can then
invoke this on the BCC field.

Is this some sort of a performance problem?  If so, that's not the fault
of mutt but of $sendmail you're using, since that's what's handling it.
But I serious doubt that a few hundred email can choke, say, postfix on
a decently powerful machine.

Let me know what I'm missing here.
Jiang