Re: How to resend message multiple times effectively

* Jiang Qian <jqian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [070925 00:21]:
> > For a few dozen recipients or less, place all the recipient addresses
> > (comma-delimited) on the BCC: line, and place your own address on the
> > TO: line.
> >
> > About a year ago, I had need to make a periodic mailing to a few
> > hundred email addresses.  I tried several approaches, but I did not
> > find a satisfactory open-source package.
> Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but what's wrong with having
> an alias file of this kind of content and the source it on .muttrc:
>
> alias mailinglist1 New List \
> <email address 1>,\
> <email address 2>,\
>       .
>       .
>       .
> <email address n>,\
> <my own address>
>
> I'm sure we can write some kind of poor man's python script or
> shell/sed/awk script to add or remove address from this. You can then
> invoke this on the BCC field.
>
> Is this some sort of a performance problem?  If so, that's not the fault
> of mutt but of $sendmail you're using, since that's what's handling it.
> But I serious doubt that a few hundred email can choke, say, postfix on
> a decently powerful machine.
>
> Let me know what I'm missing here.
> Jiang

Hi, Jiang.

I likely
am the one who missed something obvious.

Thanks for the solution; I'll file it for future reference.

Performance should be no problem unless the message count gets into
the thousands (in which case the message likely is spam).

RLH