Re: OT: offending sig + headers

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 08:45:54PM -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 05:10:35PM -0700, Darrin Chandler wrote:
> > Wow. I mean, wow.
> >
> > You're missing another alternative. Just don't post.
>
> Oh, as to the nature of your comments...
>
> Perhaps you mean to suggest that you think I'm arrogant.

No. I don't demand that people be humble. I was talking more about the
problem that you've stopped listening to people because you're smarter.
You're not so smart, after all.

If you're pissing people off just by participating, you might take a
second to consider that you, a single person with odd ideas, might
actually be more wrong than everyone else in the community. It has
absolutely *nothing* to do with being "technically" correct.

Do you understand that other people don't seem to like the way you're
operating? Do you see that even if you explain why to people now, that
you're going to irritate somebody tomorrow and next week and a year from
now? And that this has everything to do with you, and very little to do
with them?

I'm probably wasting my time here, as you've likely had similar
discussions and not learned the important lessons yet.

> I may be arrogant, but I'm also very good at what I do; and my
> participation on this list and others has helped a lot of people over
> the years (though perhaps less so recently, as I become more jaded and
> bitter as I age)...

I'm also good at what I do. I've also helped many people over the years,
and I'll be helping more as I can.

Let go of the bitterness. It'll make you happier in the end. Really!

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/