Re: OT: offending sig + headers

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 06:30:26PM -0400, Derek Martin wrote:

> And the comment in my sig is anything but glib.  A great deal of
> thought and effort went into all parts of my spam management scheme,
> including weighing any potential irritation of people who might want
> to send me mail against the benefits of the scheme.  And I mean it
> most sincerely.  I *am* sorry for the inconvenience; but not sorry
> enough to undo it.

It comes off pretty glibly. If it works for you, great, but it is
definitely a turn-off. Ordinarily I wouldn't care enough about it to
tell you, but since you seem very interested in receiving opinions on
this subject...

The address you see in this "From:" line is public, is posted on a
website, is the only email address I use, and has been in use for years,
yet SpamAssassin deals with my spam very effectively. Your solution
works for you, which is great, but I certainly think it is rude and I
doubt it is the only technically viable way for you to deal with spam.
As I said, though, I wouldn't ordinarily think you care what my opinion
is, so I wouldn't bother to tell you or waste even two seconds thinking
about it, but since you seem so interested in opinions...