Re: Can one 'filter' a message being viewed?

* On 2006.10.13, in <20061013133134.GE27788@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Derek Martin" <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've never understood why people consider this subject line munging
> desireable; it obscures the subject, and it seems like there are
> several much better solutions to the problem it tries to solve.

Agreed, but I also find it useful to show some kind of list identifier
in the index.  My procmail strips Subject: labels out of Subject:s,
but adds X-Label:s based on the list id.

It's actually because of this precise issue that $index_format's %y
exists.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago