Re: Can one 'filter' a message being viewed?

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 03:31:39AM -0400, Dave Dodge wrote:
> > Hi, i'm just a bit curious why you put all mails in one folder?
>
> I already have to deal with four different ways of reading email
> because of accounts that are used for different purposes, and more
> web-based forums than I care to count.

Another question I'm curious about is, (particularly since you're
using Mutt) why does it matter?  If you list-reply to a message, it
will go to the right list (assuming you configured mutt correctly).
If you only want to see mail from a particular list, you can use
limits to match on the list name.

I've never understood why people consider this subject line munging
desireable; it obscures the subject, and it seems like there are
several much better solutions to the problem it tries to solve.

-=-=-=-=-