Re: mbox-hook: broken or useless?

Thomas,

> actually, I think you should get something working with as less work as
> possible that works for you. Getting stuff upstream isn't that easy at
> least from my point of view.

I have noticed this:  No matter how useful or sought-after a patch
is, the maintainers seem very intent on a total feature freeze.
If my impression is correct, and this doesn't change, I wouldn't
be surprised if mutt-ng (or some other fork for that matter)
eventually becomes the dominant branch.

Is this because the maintainers have lost interest and only care
about their own requirements (which I'm sure mutt has fulfilled
a long time ago)?  I would be sad to hear it if that were true, but
it would at least be a clear sign that I should also think about
moving to mutt-ng.

> but things I would consider useful are:
>
>       - let the move hook execute automatically but introduce a
>         mechanism which makes it possible to keep an eMail other than
>         marking it new (maybe flagging) Get sure that this hook is
>         only active on your INBOX, maybe by adding a third parameter:
>
> move-hook <mailbox pattern> <eMail pattern> <save to mailbox>

My first thought was to make it work /only/ on the inbox, but
that would make it very specific to the way I use email, so the
extra mailbox pattern argument is a good idea.

--
 Haakon