Re: what is the correct format to specify a new mailbox?

Will Yardley <mutt-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Note that many (most?) maildir-aware delivery agents do /not/ create a
> > maildir if it is missing, so this may not be appropriate advice in all
> > cases.
>
> Which don't? Procmail does, as does Postfix's builtin LDA (local(8)).

qmail's built-in MDA does not.  getmail doesn't (as an all-in-one retriever or
when used as an MDA).  maildrop doesn't (I think).  safecat doesn't.
to_maildir doesn't.  vmailmgr doesn't.  And there are others.  Creating a
missing maildir is the exception to the rule.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:               http://pyropus.ca/software/