Re: what is the correct format to specify a new mailbox?

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 06:34:20PM -0400, Angelina Carlton wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 08:04:26AM +1000, Troy Piggins wrote:

> > mailboxes `echo /home/troy/Mail/*`
> > unmailboxes ~/Mail/red ~/Mail/black ~/Mail/logs
> >
> > This way, if you add a mailbox for some reason it is automatically
> > added next time you start mutt or source muttrc.

> Ok, I will try that. If I add a new box with mkdir, I have to include
> cur new and tmp? Maybe thats why it wasnt working for me.

If you want to make maildirs, either use "maildirmake" if it's
installed, or just configure your LDA (or mutt) to deliver and / or save
to Maildirs, and the mailbox will be created for you.

Within mutt, use:

set mbox_type=maildir
for new mailboxes created by mutt to be Maildirs.

> Also what is an unmailbox? a folder in your mail directory that is not
> a mailbox?

It's the opposite of "mailboxes"; you're telling mutt not to consider
those mailboxes when checking to see which mailboxes have new mail. So
it's not whether or not it's a mailbox, but rather whether or not mutt
considers it an "incoming" mailbox.