Re: what is the correct format to specify a new mailbox?

Will Yardley <mutt-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Ok, I will try that. If I add a new box with mkdir, I have to include
> > cur new and tmp? Maybe thats why it wasnt working for me.
>
> If you want to make maildirs, either use "maildirmake" if it's
> installed,

Or use mutt's command to create a mailbox ("N" in the save dialog by default).

> or just configure your LDA (or mutt) to deliver and / or save
> to Maildirs, and the mailbox will be created for you.

Note that many (most?) maildir-aware delivery agents do /not/ create a maildir
if it is missing, so this may not be appropriate advice in all cases.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:               http://pyropus.ca/software/