Re: Adding a bunch of image attachments

Am 2005-03-01 01:40:40, schrieb Ben A'Lee:

> As far as I can tell tagging in the attachment menu is possible,
> unless that's
> something patched in in the Debian build.  It definitely appears to be
> working
> here.

I am working with Debian too and tagging
of multiple files is working very well.

> > > So I selected attach and made my way to the directory where the images
> > > were located.  I could hit the <space> key and view the images
> > > one-by-one and then select it if I wanted to add it.  Unfortunately,
> > > the image files are huge -- viewing a thumbnail would have made life
> > > easier.
>
> Can't think of any easy way to do that.  It's probably easier to have an image
> viewer open in a separate window or on a different vt, then switch back to
> mutt
> to select the ones you want.

It can be done, but only with wraper.
If you using zgv/xzgv you can view the pics inside the Directory
".xvpics" directly so if you associate images wit a wraper, it
can look in the subdirectory for it...

It would be nice if 'mutt' can call zgv/xzgv directly this way.

> > > The other pain is that mutt only shows the first X characters
> > > in the attachment list, and the paths were longer than that.  So every
> > > file listed in the attachment window had the same text (the filename
> > > had been truncated).  So I couldn't see what files I had already added.
> > >
> > > Any tricks to make something like this less painful?

You can configure it...

  __( '/home/michelle.konzack/.mutt/muttrc' )___________________________
 /

>  -Ben

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi