Re: Adding a bunch of image attachments

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 05:17:09PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Reposting to see if anyone has a suggestion how to make this easier:
>

> On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 12:02:25PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > Well, drag and drop would be nice once in a while.   I needed to
> > attach a bunch of images to a message in Mutt.  Is there an easy way
> > to deal with multiple attachments?  Tagging doesn't seem available.

As far as I can tell tagging in the attachment menu is possible, unless that's
something patched in in the Debian build.  It definitely appears to be working
here.

> > So I selected attach and made my way to the directory where the images
> > were located.  I could hit the <space> key and view the images
> > one-by-one and then select it if I wanted to add it.  Unfortunately,
> > the image files are huge -- viewing a thumbnail would have made life
> > easier.

Can't think of any easy way to do that.  It's probably easier to have an image
viewer open in a separate window or on a different vt, then switch back to mutt
to select the ones you want.

> > The other pain is that mutt only shows the first X characters
> > in the attachment list, and the paths were longer than that.  So every
> > file listed in the attachment window had the same text (the filename
> > had been truncated).  So I couldn't see what files I had already added.
> >
> > Any tricks to make something like this less painful?

 -Ben

--
Termisoc Secretary: http://www.termisoc.org/
Home Page: http://benalee.co.uk/