Adding a bunch of image attachments

Well, drag and drop would be nice once in a while.   I needed to
attach a bunch of images to a message in Mutt.  Is there an easy way
to deal with multiple attachments?  Tagging doesn't seem available.

So I selected attach and made my way to the directory where the images
were located.  I could hit the <space> key and view the images
one-by-one and then select it if I wanted to add it.  Unfortunately,
the image files are huge -- viewing a thumbnail would have made life
easier.

The other pain is that mutt only shows the first X characters
in the attachment list, and the paths were longer than that.  So every
file listed in the attachment window had the same text (the filename
had been truncated).  So I couldn't see what files I had already added.

Any tricks to make something like this less painful?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@xxxxxxxx