Re: my_hdr, realname, signature ???

* Mike Procario <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004:09:29:15:55:30-0400] scribed:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 01:43:19PM -0500, Michael D Schleif wrote:
> > I belong to several lists, for which I use special my_hdr, realname &
> > signature settings.  Often, on these lists, I respond directly to the
> > list member, and not on the list.
<snip />

> > I tried using folder-hook to assure my identity with off-list replies;
> > but, that does not work, and I suspect that the send-hook's are the
> > culprit.
<snip />

> I think your default send-hook is causing the problem use
>
> set from
>
> to set your default email address and get rid of the default
> send-hook.  This will allow the folder-hook to override the "set
> from"
>
> I tried it. I have four or five send-hooks and I added a folder
> hook to set my_hdr with a different email address and it worked.

Yes, it does change -- the first time that the folder-hook matches.

However, it does *NOT* go back to my default identity _after_ switching
to a special identity.

In other words, everything is OK when I expect to use the default
identity.  Then, when I reply off-list, the special identity changes as
expected.  Finally, after using a special identity, it is *still* the
current identity, even later when I require the default identity.

I believe that a default send-hook is required; but, I do not yet
understand the necessary sequence/precedence ;<

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

mds