Re: my_hdr, realname, signature ???

* Mads Laursen <dossen+mutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2004:09:29:21:23:59+0200] scribed:
> On 29/09/04 13.43, Michael D Schleif wrote:
> > I belong to several lists, for which I use special my_hdr, realname &
> > signature settings.  Often, on these lists, I respond directly to the
> > list member, and not on the list.
<snip />

> If you want to set the same options with both folder- and send-hooks
> you need to use the folder-hooks to change the send-hooks, since they
> will otherwise override the folder-hooks.
>
> folder-hook . 'send-hook . xyz'
> folder-hook =list 'send-hook . zyx'
>
> That way the setting is always made by a send-hook, but the send-hook
> depends on the folder.
<snip />

So, as I suspect, there is some precedent issue ;>

Currently, no matter where I am, regardless in which folder I happen to
be, my send-hook's work as I expect.

I have not found a way to achieve my off-list reply goals via send-hook.
Am I correct that this is not going to happen?

If I understand your suggestion, I must use folder-hook to call *ALL* of
my send-hook's?

If so, then I must change my other behaviour, because my send-hook's
will no longer work, unless I am in the proper holder.  Right?

I find it reasonable to require presence in a specific folder when
replying to a message, regardless ON or OFF list.  However, I am not
comfortable with requiring presence in a specific folder, just to fire
off any original message.

Is there no other way to achieve my goals?

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

mds