Re: my_hdr, realname, signature ???

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 01:43:19PM -0500, Michael D Schleif wrote:
> I belong to several lists, for which I use special my_hdr, realname &
> signature settings.  Often, on these lists, I respond directly to the
> list member, and not on the list.
>
> When sending to the list, I do *not* have problems.
>
> Replying to list members directly, I have not found a way to
> _automatically_ synchronize my_hdr, realname & signature to my list
> identity.
>
> I use send-hook's to assure my identity on the lists.  Each send-hook
> uses a default `send-hook .  xyz' prior to custom send-hook's.
>
> I tried using folder-hook to assure my identity with off-list replies;
> but, that does not work, and I suspect that the send-hook's are the
> culprit.
>
> Note, I am successfully using folder-hook's in other contexts.
>
> How else might I accomplish my goals?
>
> What do you think?
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> mds
> mds resource
> 877.596.8237
> -
> Dare to fix things before they break . . .
> -
> Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much
> we think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .
> --

I think your default send-hook is causing the problem use

set from

to set your default email address and get rid of the default
send-hook.  This will allow the folder-hook to override the "set
from"

I tried it. I have four or five send-hooks and I added a folder
hook to set my_hdr with a different email address and it worked.

--
Mike Procario
"Another casualty of applied metaphysics" -Calvin and Hobbes