Re: Wish: -r option to recover a crashed session

On 2004-07-13 21:12:55 -0700, Mun Johl wrote:

> I like Cameron's idea about the "sync--and-quit-on-HUP-or-TERM"
> option. The problem I'm trying to workaround is when my VPN
> hiccups, or when DSL hiccups; also, I log into my Unix system (at
> work) via Exceed on my PC (when working from home, that is).  So
> if Cameron's suggestion could in fact sync up my mailbox before
> it exited, that would be great.  I also like the idea of
> postponing any message that is being composed at the time of the
> hiccup.
>
> Would it be possible to mark the message mutt was on when it
> terminated via an X-Label or something?

I'm not sure that the work required to make this work properly and
robustly is warranted when the generic solution to this kind of
problem consists in typing "screen" as the first command when you
log into the system in question.

--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.