Re: Wish: -r option to recover a crashed session

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 07:33 PM PDT, Brett Carrington wrote:

... Text Deleted ...

BC> It's not really mutt's job to do that. You might look into using
BC> screen(1).

I don't understand why it's not mutt's job.  All I'm saying is that as
someone takes an action on an email (delete, apply label, etc), that
action be recorded in some file up until the next sync.  That way if for
some reason mutt abnormally terminates before one can sync the mail
folder, one can re-start mutt with a recovery option and it would "play
back" the recovery file automatically; much the way vi does with it's -r
option.

This type of feature would be very welcomed by me.  But maybe I'm the
only one that has had mutt die on me in the middle of cleaning up a
folder after I've read through and marked and 10's or 100's of them for
deletion.

I know: synch more often.  But sometimes I get so involved in
reading/deleting I momentarily forget that I haven't sync'd in a while.
Again, this feature would add ease of mind knowing that sync'ing often
isn't necessarily required.

Regards,

--
Mun