Re: few questions

* Ionel Mugurel Ciobica <tgakic@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-07-07 16:27 +0200]:
> On  5-07-2004, at 23h 30'21", Joshua Crawford wrote about "Re: few questions"
> >

> > > 2. How do I avoid to save files with spaces in the name, maybe replacing
> > >    it with underscore? I could retype the name but ms-word users sends
> > >    extremely long names with lots of spaces and I just don't want to
> > >    retype all the crap. wvWare program has a nice way of converting all
> > >    spaces from the names to underscore. Maybe it uses rename s/\ /_/
> > >    internally.
> >
> > Why would you want to? You can probably do this with procmail.
>
> It is annoying, every time you work with it you need to prepend each
> space with \ or to enclose the name in between single or double quotes.
> And if the name is long it gets frustrating.

I haven't found it to be a problem, but I use a file browser (Midnight
Commander), so I don't have to do the quoting myself.

I'm no procmail guru, but as I said, there's probably a short recipe that
can do this conversion for you at the delivery stage.

> And lets face it, space in
> filename is a windows feature.

This I can't agree with. I, as a Linux user, use spaces myself where
appropriate, and was doing so on UNIX (SunOS) years before Windows95 was
released.

> > > 4. Also from ms addicted people I receive e-mails with extremely long
> > >    lines, which mutt nicely brake it down. But the color scheme stops
> > >    after a number of characters, and the rest of the line is shown
> > >    different. How do I increase the size of that variable?
> >
> > Show us the 'color body' lines from your muttrc, so we can check your
> > syntax.
>
> See the file attached (color_body.muttrc).

Thank you. I can't see any problem there. I was worried about expressions
with numbers in them.

> Also have a look at
> http://bucovina.chem.tue.nl/mutt_color.png, to see what I am talking
> about. Only about 1000 characters follows the color scheme.

As David said, this is probably an RFC issue. As in Outlook doesn't care
about them.

> Thank you for the help.

No problems.

> P.S. Sorry Joshua, I pressed r instead of L.

That's OK. I've done it myself a few times, but have been lucky enough to
catch it when I did (actualy, I hit 'f' more often, as it is the follow-up
key in tin).
--
Joshua 'bruce' Crawford ... http://www.geocities.com/mortarn

All's well that ends.