few questions

Hi all,

I have a few questions to this list. I use mutt for a long time and some
things were always bother me.

1. How do I attach a file which contains spaces in the name?
   When I type the name the space triggers a beep and it is not printed.
   I don't talk about command line (-a).
2. How do I avoid to save files with spaces in the name, maybe replacing
   it with underscore? I could retype the name but ms-word users sends
   extremely long names with lots of spaces and I just don't want to
   retype all the crap. wvWare program has a nice way of converting all
   spaces from the names to underscore. Maybe it uses rename s/\ /_/
   internally.
3. Some time I wish to resend a message with some of my comments. I use
   to do a forward and then reattach the attachments. But that can be
   annoying, especially because of the problems with spaces in the
   filenames. I switch on the fcc_attach, but now it is still not what I
   want. The entire message is packed as an attachment. How do I forward
   a message and automatically the attachments are reattached, each of
   them as a separated attachment?
4. Also from ms addicted people I receive e-mails with extremely long
   lines, which mutt nicely brake it down. But the color scheme stops
   after a number of characters, and the rest of the line is shown
   different. How do I increase the size of that variable?
5. Somehow related to 2., how do I avoid that mutt will ask me to save
   a file with names like that: "=?iso-8859-2?Q?Invita=FEie.doc?="
   instead of "Invitaţie.doc"
6. I receive e-mails from Yahoo, which are written in either ISO8859-2
   or UTF-8. But Yahoo send it as us-ascii. Then all non ascii
   characters are shown as "?". Till now I just press e, edit the
   message in vi(m): :1,$s/us-ascii/iso8859-2/g then I save and
   everything is fine. But it is annoying. I know that this is not mutt
   fault, but how can I define a macro or something to do that for me
   just by pressing a key?

And somehow a new question. I recently switch from Debian stable (woody)
to Debian testing (Sarge). This upgrade my mutt to 1.5.6. The first time
I was annoyed by the error about "alternates: unknown variable", but I
read the manual and I change this line:

set alternates="(user1@xxxxxxxxxxx|user2@xxxxxxxxxxx)"

into

alternates user1@xxxxxxxxxxx, user2@xxxxxxxxxxx

Now I don't get the error, but mutt doesn't understand all my addresses.
When I reply to an e-mail from me which was already a reply to someone
else, mutt used to reply to that person, now it does to me. In the sent
folder all the e-mail are addressed to me, not from me, etc. The only
e-mails that are processed correctly are the one which have my user name
in the From_ filed (and not any of my e-mail addresses).

Correlated with that, how do I specify correctly: user@*.domain.com or
user@*domain.com (the dot can be a part of the star)?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Ionel

P.S. Thank you for the tips with edit-from. I use now this:

macro compose v "<edit-from>^Uf_<tab>" "Select from"
macro compose r "<edit-reply-to>^Uf_<tab>" "Select from"