Re: few questions

* Ionel Mugurel Ciobica <tgakic@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-07-05 11:18:02 +0200]:

> 1. How do I attach a file which contains spaces in the name?
>    When I type the name the space triggers a beep and it is not printed.
>    I don't talk about command line (-a).

I just created a file with a space in the name:

,----
| davep@hagbard:~$ touch "Foo Bar.txt"
`----

and then composed an email in mutt (1.4.1). After composition, in the
post-compose menu, I hit "a" (attach-file), typed Foo<space> and mutt
auto-completed the name. In fact, if I do the above and simply type F<tab>
it also auto-completes the name (the above file being the only file in my
$HOME that starts with "F").

Given that mutt seems to be using space as a completion mechanism (just like
tab), could it be that you've got two or more files that have the same
prefix and a space in the same position? If so, what happens if you hit
space twice? Do you get the file picker? This is the behaviour I see if I
create a second file with a space in the name and with the same prefix as
the above:

,----
`----

--
Dave Pearson:              | mutt.octet.filter - autoview octet-streams
http://www.davep.org/      | mutt.vcard.filter - autoview simple vcards