Re: Long delay after opening maildir mailbox?

Quoting Matthew D. Fuller (fullermd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> > Did anyone notice something similar, or maybe something that could
> > cause these delays? I must admit i haven't looked in the source to
> > see what actually goes on at that moment...
> I noticed this when I moved from 1.4.x to 1.5.x; it seems to run up
> the count when it reads the directory to get the list of files, not
> when it reads and parses the individual files.

Why would it do that in the first place? :) Why not find a file, parse
it, increment the counter, and start over again? :)

Anyways, i'm glad i'm not the only one.
I started noticing this behaviour after my server was placed in a
different location, so I feared it had something to do with my disk(s).

Regards,
Sander.