Re: Too many mailer daemon notices

On 2004-07-07 12:29:41 -0500, David Champion wrote:

> The trick with such problems is to set $sendmail to a filter that
> subsequently invokes sendmail (or whatever). For example:
>
> set sendmail=/path/to/filter
>
> Attached is a filter that does something simmilar to what you want.

I'm doing something similar to update a list of e-mail addresses
that I then use for mutt's query feature.

For the original bounce problem, I'm using a different trick: I
unset the $envelope_from variable, and set a special envelope from
"by hand", i.e., from the $sendmail configuration variable.  I
discard any bounces that are directed to my usual e-mail address.

(Also, I don't ever mention the special bounce address on any
mailing lists, and don't put that part of my configuration online.
;-)

--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.