Re: Open SSL

2004-07-06T00:49:15 Floyd Hagen:
> On Mon, Jul 05, 2004, Bennett Todd wrote:
> > Do you perhaps source the smime.rc that came with mutt? That enables
> > S/MIME signature validation, using invocations of the external
> > openssl(1) command.
>
> I guess not. I don't see it anywhere. I haven't changed any of the
> signature/encryption options in muttrc. I'm using a mutt rpm, though.

Try "mutt -v", see what it says for SYSCONFDIR (mine says /usr/etc),
see if there's a Muttrc there, see if it sets any smime variables,
or mentions openssl.

> My mutt is unable to verify PGP signatures as well, but that never
> bothered me. The OpenSSL message is new, and I haven't changed anything.

Perhaps you've just started seeing S/MIME signed messages? I see
awfully few of them, only two posters, on one list, and only one of
'em verifies:-).

-Bennett