Re: Just a question

Mike M <linux-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said,

> I use:
> POP3->getmail->procmail->Maildir->mutt->nullmailer->SmartHostSMTPserver@ISP

At the moment, I use something more like:

POP3 -> fetchmail -> procmail -> mbox -> mutt -> ssmtp -> SMTP @ webhost

I really want to try moving to using fetchmail/getmail (I would switch
if the reasons were overwhelming), and Maildir rather than mbox, but the
task seems a bit daunting for that conversion. I'm also considering
local IMAP, although I need someone to point out why that would be
beneficial aside from being really cool.

Does anyone know of any HOWTOs or guides out there for moving from one
type of mail system to another? I'm about to switch workstation machines
completely, so now would be the time to set up a new infrastructure on
the new machine and I'd really like some insight from the mutt-users
crew!

Thanks a lot guys!

--
Aaron