Just a question

How many of you out there retrieve your mail from POP3 boxes out on the
'net, perhaps from your ISP and/or website host, and also run a local
IMAP server for reading it?

Among those of you who do, what is your selection of programs to achieve
this? Do you use UW-IMAP, Cyrus, etc.? qmail, postfix, fetchmail...? Am
I getting categories mixed up?

Right now I run fetchmail to retrieve mail from 4 POP3 boxes on the
'net, and then procmail is invoked to deliver them into the various mbox
files in my home directory (I am the only mail user). I am considering
Maildir format because I've heard it's quicker to browse, but I
understand that if you use Cyrus, your mail is stored in their format
and it would be pointless to convert it all to Maildir first.

What is YOUR ideal configuration? Just curious.

--
Aaron
-