Re: Just a question

Aaron <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How many of you out there retrieve your mail from POP3 boxes out on the
> 'net, perhaps from your ISP and/or website host, and also run a local
> IMAP server for reading it?
>
> Among those of you who do, what is your selection of programs to achieve
> this? Do you use UW-IMAP, Cyrus, etc.? qmail, postfix, fetchmail...?

If I were to do this, I'd use BINC as the IMAP server.  It's small, fast, and
uses standard Maildirs.  I'd probably also use getmail instead of fetchmail,
for reasons that become apparent if you follow the link in my .sig :).
Otherwise, what you're describing is quite common and sane (many getmail users
do exactly what you describe).

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:     http://www.qcc.ca/~charlesc/software/