Re: Number of Columns

so spake Asif Iqbal [2004.03.31 @ 08:33]:
> Hi guys
>
> I have two questions
>
> 1. How do I increase the number of columns to view and edit? I am using
> vi as my editor
>
> 2. How do I get the cursor to start at the top when replying an email?
>
> Thanks for the help

both one and two can be solved with commands passed to vi.  see vi's :h
for more information on what options are available for vi instead of
vim.  as for mutt, however, see previous threads on this topic in this
list and others for more information.  to give you an idea, the
following does pretty much what you want with vim:

   set editor='vim + -c "set textwidth=72" -c "?^$"'

> --
> Asif Iqbal
> PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
> There's no place like 127.0.0.1

there's no place like 216.239.51.104, either, just for future reference.  :)

good luck!
--
                      ste\/e