Re: [OT] Any mutt-like webmail program?

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 05:57:10AM +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 05:33:00 at 05:33:00AM +0100, io (m.fioretti@xxxxxxxxx)
> wrote:
>
> > Gladly, but I wouldn't even know how to start. I know some
> > cgi/php/perl, but how would I tell mutt from a CGI/php script "tell
> > me how to display threads in HTML"? in such a way that clicking on
> > some link will mean "hey mutt, let's reply to this message using the
> > current folder hooks".
> >
> > Any clue is appreciated.
> >

> Maybe the problem should be split in:
>
> 1) display folder and message content a-la-mutt, threading and all
>
> 2) launching mutt to send one message
>
> 3) doing things to folder content (eg delete whole thread)
>
> First item doesn't need mutt. One could have procmail pipe every
> message to a script that builds MySQL database, and PHP looks at that
> to display threads
>
> Second one is (almost) trivial clicking on "send" causes mutt to be
> launched with proper command line options. But how to handle replies
> and forwards?

Unless you want to duplicate much of Mutt's functionality, #1 and #2
are really inseparable.

> Third is tricky to me. How do I tell mutt on the command line to enter
> a folder and delete a thread? Some macro built on the fly?
> Suggestions?

Just open a pipe to Mutt, and send it whatever crap you want.  Another
option is to start it with a temporary file (filled with appropriate
actions after sourcing your regular RC files) as the RC file.

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel