Re: [OT] Any mutt-like webmail program?

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 13:26:53 at 01:26:53PM -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen
(lists+mutt_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>  it is possible to write a console emulator in PHP or PERL or
> something.

Do they already exist, to not start from scratch?

> > This means installing on my Linux box Apache and some webmail package:
>
> If that's the approach you've decided you must take, keep dreaming.
> Webmail packages suck all around, and because of their intended audience,
> they're not likely to improve at any substantial rate.

I was asking for one which I could easily *hack* to add what I need. I
know that existing ones suck, that's why I want to change.

> You're better off writing your own PHP or PERL UI for Mutt.

Gladly, but I wouldn't even know how to start. I know some
cgi/php/perl, but how would I tell mutt from a CGI/php script "tell me
how to display threads in HTML"? in such a way that clicking on some
link will mean "hey mutt, let's reply to this message using the
current folder hooks".

Any clue is appreciated.

Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

I doni ricevuti dal Padreterno, servono se utilizzati: chi li contempla
gode, ma chi ne fa uso probabilmente aiuta altri a godere.