Re: Advanced alternates regexp

Hallo David,
am Thu, 04.09.2003 um 13:57 h -0500 schriebst Du:
> * David T-G <davidtg-muttusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2003-09-04 14:38]:
> >
> > ...and then David Rock said...
>
> > % I don't think alternation would work with this. If anyone knows of a
> > % negation character for groups, that would do the trick. Otherwise you
> > % will need to do some messy [^] combinations to do it.
> >
> > No, it would be *very* messy :-/
>
> If you wanted a LOT of pain, I supposed you could use backticks to
> generate an alternates list with another program, but that would just be
> silly.

Not too silly, if you were able to feed the "original" address string to
that program, rewrite there the domain part of the few exemtions (for
recognition only, not in the real message) and then let the backtick-rewritten
string simply match .*@yourdomain

But I must be missing something...

Olaf