Re: Advanced alternates regexp

Andy -

...and then Andy Repton said...
%
% Hi,

Hi!

%
% I am trying to figure out how to set my alternates regexp properly. I
% have my own domain, and freely generate email addresses for various
% purposes, especially web site registrations etc. So my ideal alternates
% regexp would be .*@mydomain.

Gee, same here :-)

%
% The only problem is that there are also a few email addresses at my
% domain that are used by others. So what I really want is an alternates
% regexp that matches everything except fred|betty|joe etc

Also same here.  Funny how that works.

%
% Does anyone know how to do this? I've tried putting ! in front of the
% regexp but it doesn't appear to work.

Nope.  I brought this up quite a while back and haven't been able to get
it to work.  Fortunately most of my addressed are davidtg-* or only a few
others, so my alternates isn't *too* messy, but what you (and I) want is
not currently possible in mutt.  [Probably only the second or third thing
ever found that isn't, too ;-]

%
% Andy

HTH & HAND