Re: Advanced alternates regexp

* David T-G <davidtg-muttusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2003-09-04 08:23]:

> Nope.  I brought this up quite a while back and haven't been able to get
> it to work.  Fortunately most of my addressed are davidtg-* or only a few
> others, so my alternates isn't *too* messy, but what you (and I) want is
> not currently possible in mutt.  [Probably only the second or third thing
> ever found that isn't, too ;-]

The problem is that alternates is a regex, not a patern, so "!" doesn't
make any sense to it. What you need is a negation character within the
regex itself. Unfortunately, I can't think of one. The closest thing I
can think of right now is the single character negation:
        ^[^abc].*@domain.com
matches stuff that does NOT start with a or b or c:
        astuff@xxxxxxxxxx
        bstuff@xxxxxxxxxx
        cstuff@xxxxxxxxxx
        etc...

I don't think alternation would work with this. If anyone knows of a
negation character for groups, that would do the trick. Otherwise you
will need to do some messy [^] combinations to do it.

--
David Rock
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx