Re: mutt not reading header_cache during startup.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Kyle Wheeler
<kyle-mutt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 22 at 03:10 PM, quoth Manish Katiyar:
>>
>> Yes,... I can open it in thunderbird.........though looks like thunderbird
>> takes very long time to fetch headers and it appears it does it in batches.
>
> This has been discussed recently on one of the mutt lists. Since Thunderbird
> remembers partial downloads, what happens is that it fetches headers until
> Gmail says "command failed". Then it restarts; since some messages are
> already cached, it starts fetching only the unfetched messages.
>
> Essentially, Thunderbird's cache behavior happens to work around Gmail's
> IMAP bug.
>
> So, should mutt add a similar cache behavior so that it can work around
> Gmail's bad IMAP implementation too?
>
>> Also I am able to open without header caching ie... once it says "Error
>> opening mailbox" I can press "c" and then imap path to gmail and open
>> folders.
>
> Innnteresting. I wonder what's going on there.

Sorry, forgot to mention I tried with a different folder which had
around 8K messages, because I didn't have patience to try again
downloading 80K messages, but I am sure that will fail again.

--
Thanks -
Manish