Re: mutt not reading header_cache during startup.

On Tuesday, September 22 at 03:10 PM, quoth Manish Katiyar:
Yes,... I can open it in thunderbird.........though looks like thunderbird takes very long time to fetch headers and it appears it does it in batches.

This has been discussed recently on one of the mutt lists. Since Thunderbird remembers partial downloads, what happens is that it fetches headers until Gmail says "command failed". Then it restarts; since some messages are already cached, it starts fetching only the unfetched messages.

Essentially, Thunderbird's cache behavior happens to work around Gmail's IMAP bug.

So, should mutt add a similar cache behavior so that it can work around Gmail's bad IMAP implementation too?

Also I am able to open without header caching ie... once it says "Error opening mailbox" I can press "c" and then imap path to gmail and open folders.

Innnteresting. I wonder what's going on there.

Can you give me the  link to trac where I can open bugs ?

http://dev.mutt.org

~Kyle
--
It is easier to be critical than to be correct.
                                                  -- Benjamin Disraeli