Re: Threading representation within Index

Hi Kyle,

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM PDT, you wrote:
> On Friday, August 28 at 03:54 PM, quoth Mun Johl:
> >I didn't anticipate that Outlook would alter the format of the
> >encapsulated message when it forwarded it as an attachment.  That
> >may be standard procedure, but it throws a wrinkle into the works.
> >For example, a signature delimiter "-- " is depicted as "--=20" in
> >the forwarded message.  Who knows what else is done.
>
> Looks like quoted-printable encoding. I seem to vaguely recall that
> spaces at the end of lines are required to be encoded that way
> sometimes.

Exactly correct--at least, for my few testcases.

> >So if I want to strip out the original message, I will have to
> >deal with unmangling the body of the message as well.
> >
> >Sigh.  Maybe I'm better off leaving things as is for now.
>
> I don't envy you. Good luck wrangling with the great Outlook monster!

Thanks.  I've already written a perl script to "kind of" get things
working.  I may take a break from this for a while before I tackle this
threading issue.  Maybe I'll grow to ignore the issue altogether ...

--
Mun