Re: Threading representation within Index

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 02:17 PM PDT, Mun Johl wrote:

... Text Deleted ...

MJ> MB> That said,
MJ> MB> you'd need to (manually?) save the attached messages back to an
MJ> MB> mbox/maildir/whatever for them to appear "normal" to mutt. Perhaps
MJ> MB> that's something procmail could do.
MJ>
MJ> I don't forward the e-mails encapsulated in an attachment.  But maybe I
MJ> should.  Based on experiments it does appear as if the original headers
MJ> are intact within the attachment.  I'd just need to do some manipulation
MJ> of the e-mail once I receive it to strip off the top-level
MJ> encapsulation (I think).
MJ>
MJ> Thanks for that clue, Moritz.  I'll have to do a web search to see if a
MJ> utility already exists to the stripping.  Otherwise, it shouldn't be too
MJ> difficult via procmail and a perl script.

I didn't anticipate that Outlook would alter the format of the
encapsulated message when it forwarded it as an attachment.  That may be
standard procedure, but it throws a wrinkle into the works.  For
example, a signature delimiter "-- " is depicted as "--=20" in the
forwarded message.  Who knows what else is done.

So if I want to strip out the original message, I will have to deal with
unmangling the body of the message as well.

Sigh.  Maybe I'm better off leaving things as is for now.

Regards,

--
Mun