Re: Threading representation within Index

On Friday, August 28 at 03:54 PM, quoth Mun Johl:
I didn't anticipate that Outlook would alter the format of the encapsulated message when it forwarded it as an attachment. That may be standard procedure, but it throws a wrinkle into the works. For example, a signature delimiter "-- " is depicted as "--=20" in the forwarded message. Who knows what else is done.

Looks like quoted-printable encoding. I seem to vaguely recall that spaces at the end of lines are required to be encoded that way sometimes.

So if I want to strip out the original message, I will have to deal with unmangling the body of the message as well.

Sigh.  Maybe I'm better off leaving things as is for now.

I don't envy you. Good luck wrangling with the great Outlook monster!

~Kyle
--
Well, I've wrestled with reality for over thirty five years, doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
                                         -- Jimmy Stewart, in "Harvey"