Re: Threading representation within Index

Hi,

I apologize, but I am resurrecting an old e-mail I sent to the group (see
below).  My attempts to workaround Outlook have not been successful so I
am attempting to approach my issue in a different manner.

Please see my comments below.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:09 PM PDT, Mun Johl wrote:
MJ> Hi,
MJ>
MJ> I'm running Mutt 1.5.20 on Red Hat 5.3 and I'm trying to understand how
MJ> Mutt ascertains how to represent e-mails in the threaded view within the
MJ>
MJ> Here's my issue: I forward Outlook e-mails to my Linux box (IMAP/POP are
MJ> not supported--don't get me started).  When Outlook does the forwarding,
MJ> it alters some of the header.  Therefore, I process all of my e-mails
MJ> via a script on the Linux box in an attempt to reconstruct the important
MJ> header lines (e.g., from:, to:, and subject:).
MJ>
MJ> It turns out that if the initial e-mail message is no longer in the
MJ> mbox, then all successive e-mails show the threading symbols
MJ> correctly but the entire subject text is depicted for each
MJ> successive message in the index for that thread.

I'm wondering now why Mutt is showing the subject text for each message
in the thread instead of only the "first" message of the sub-thread
still residing within my mbox?

Is the subject repeated in the index view for each message in the thread
because Mutt had to resort to non-strict threading?

Is this a bug or feature?

Thanks.

--
Mun