BikINI protocol revival

Ladies and Gentlemen,

In 2003 Charles Cazabon started a project called BikINI (BikINI is not
IMAP).  With his blessing, I am continuing that project.

Specifically I am going to complete the specification, finalize the
reference implementation, request the use of a System port number (TCP
only), and submit an RFC.  The goal is to create a remote mail storage
protocol which avoids server-side message parsing, and is as simple as
possible to implement.  I've created a wiki [1] to document the work on
the both the specification and software.

[1]: http://bikini.caterva.org

I am posting this to all the mailing lists having members I believe
would have interest in this project (either helping or trying out the
server as it becomes viable).  I will post nothing else on this list
relating to BikINI except to announce a reference implementation
release.

If you are interested in helping with any part of this, please email me
directly (dave dash bikini at weller dash fahy dot com) or sign up for
the bikini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list (see wiki for details).

Regards,
--
dave [ please don't CC me ]