Re: atime/mtime

Hi Derek, list,

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:33:59 -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> For what it's worth, the way I would most prefer to process my mail
> would be like this:

Thanks for this. It pretty much conforms to my work model.

> nagging the user about new mail in folders they visited recently (you
> would, of course, set mark_old).

The new work model is a large change for myself. If I have no choice, I
will have to go along and do it that way. I agree that keeping mails
marked as "new" does not allow differentiation between "now but seen" and
"new and not yet seen". But it has worked for me so well for such a
long time. Like you, I don't go to the length to mark/flag emails once
I've seen them, even at work using Outlook. I just take notice of them,
and make sure I go through everything which is still marked new later.
I can't go through the pain of marking tens or hundreds of new mails as
"check later".

Moritz

P.S.: To mark all currently "N"ew mails as "O"ld, do I just set
mark_old=yes and enter and leave a folder?