Re: atime/mtime

Hi,

* Moritz Barsnick wrote:

> I applied these two on top of 1.5.20. But I think changeset
> 5922:9ae13dedb5ed doesn't make sense to me.

By (mutt's) definition a mailbox has new mail if it has as least one
message that is neither read, nor deleted, nor marked as old. That's the
way it works for IMAP (I hope :-) and for local folders.

> If I leave any mail marked
> as new (which I do if I intend to yet read it or work on it) in any
> folder, mutt marks the whole mbox as new.  That leads to the peculiar
> situation that if I try to 'c'hange folders, mutt keeps leading me back
> to the previously visited one, as if I had not seen it yet - back and
> forth.

Yes, this annoys me, too because I usually process folders in order. See
ticket #2939:

     http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2939

The mentioned $next_unread_mailbox is within some 3rd party patch and
IIRC makes change folder suggest the next in the list with new mail, not
the first. I haven't used it though.

Rocco