Re: Strange display problem with 1.5.18

On 2008-05-30 07:55:02 +0200, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> And since OS X already comes with ncurses in /usr, I recommend not
> installing ncurses port at all so that you have only one ncurses and
> ncursesw installed...

This is IMHO a bad recommendation, at least for Mac OS X 10.4.* users.
The ncurses provided by Mac OS X 10.4.* has bugs; I reported two of
them to Apple, which are not in the latest ncurses upstream library
(so, they're probably fixed in 10.5.*).

Also, unless this has changed (I've been very busy in the last few
months), MacPorts prefers to depend on packages it provides instead
of Apple's (and I think this is the right thing to get the latest
bug fixes).