Re: Strange display problem with 1.5.18

Hi,

* André Berger wrote:

Progress here :)

 MacPorts 1.600

 ncurses @5.6_0 (active)
 ncursesw @5.6_1 (active)

Discussion on comp.mail.mutt led me to temporarily uninstall ncurses,
and my config.h got modified to

 #define HAVE_NCURSES_H 1

with just ncursesw. That gives! Even when I reinstall ncurses after
that.

The problem is related to

 #define HAVE_NCURSES_NCURSES_H 1

and ncurses, in combination with --enable-gpg-me, on Mac OS X 10.5.3
with MacPorts 1.600.

So it's just ncursesw not being used. Btw, the line in config.h doesn't make the difference, it just tells you what header mutt likely uses. You can check with otool for which library mutt actually uses:

  $ otool -L `which mutt`
    [...]
        /opt/local/lib/libncursesw.5.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0,
current version 5.0.0)

And since OS X already comes with ncurses in /usr, I recommend not installing ncurses port at all so that you have only one ncurses and ncursesw installed...

Rocco