Re: UI enhancements

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007, Derek Martin wrote:

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 05:40:05PM +0200, Rocco Rutte wrote:
1) mutt_multi_choice() is currently used to let the user choose from
quite a number of possible options. To fit in 80x25 they're abbreviated
which obviously doesn't look nice. I've put together a patch that adds a
dialog and puts it in a curses subwindow like so:

I've always wanted this...  Mutt already makes fine use of curses, I
could never figure out why it didn't do this for menus (i.e.

The easy answer is that making _similar_ code in slang is a lot of
work, so there's always been resistance to using anything more than the 10% of so of curses that it does use (ymmv).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net