Re: What's needed for mutt 1.6? (xterm title)

Re: Brendan Cully 2007-02-24 <20070224071057.GD4510@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Small remark: it seems to have a hardwired set of "good"
> > terminals. Neither or mine (rxvt-unicode and screen-256color-bce)
> > is one it. Or is that just for the default setting, overridable? No
> > ncurses/slang query for this capability?
>
> The last time I remember this getting heavily discussed, I thought
> someone proposed the approach of having mutt simply expose the current
> folder name etc as variables that could be expanded in a shell
> expansion called from a folder hook. This seems a lot more general and
> elegant to me.

The terminal title might need updating every time the status bar is
updated since there can be message counts etc. Calling a subshell
every time for that sounds a bit unelegant. Besides, the variables
approach would need adding raw escape sequences (which are always the
same, btw) to $status_format which isn't especially nice either.

As another argument for the integration, vim supports setting the
terminal title too.

Christoph
--
cb@xxxxxxxx | http://www.df7cb.de/