Re: What's needed for mutt 1.6? (Debian patches)

<20070222180913.GH27139@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| > Well, I think a valid set of patches to examine are the ones that
| > Debian applies. They've got a good list, and their patches are also
| > pretty well tested. The ones that I really appreciate are the
| > compressed-folders patch and the xtitles patch.
|
| +1. compressed-folders is awesome and has been used for ages, rock
| stable.

+2 for compressed folders from me, too. I roll out my older mail from my
"working" folders, which are maildirs, into compressed UNIX mbox files.
being able to ready the directly is very useful.

| xtitles is also very nice. What could be improved is that the default
| for xterm_set_titles must currently be off because TERM is evaluated
| at the time the variable is set. If the default is fine, the patch is
| as well, but if it should be on per default (which would make sense)
| it has to be updated. (As it is one of my pet patches, I'd volunteer :)

Small remark: it seems to have a hardwired set of "good"
terminals. Neither or mine (rxvt-unicode and screen-256color-bce)
is one it. Or is that just for the default setting, overridable? No
ncurses/slang query for this capability?

| The next one is new, but given the plethora of patches (or future
| versions), some mechanism to make different mutts not spit out
| warnings on unknown commands/settings would be nice:
|
| http://svn.df7cb.de/debian/mutt/trunk/debian/patches/features/ifdef

Yes, this would be nice for me, too.

How deep is the header cache support these days? Just maildir? Everything
including IMAP?

Personally, my two most desired features are header cache and compressed
folders. Has anyone considered compress maildir message files? Or is
that just silly - I can imagine it going either way myself, and have
never tried it)?
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Blow it out your ass, motorcycle man!
    I am THE DEVIL, do you UNDERSTAND?
        - Frank Zappa and the Mothers, _Titties & Beer_