Re: What's needed for mutt 1.6? (Debian patches)

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Cameron Simpson wrote:

On 23Feb2007 00:04, Christoph Berg <cb@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
| xtitles is also very nice. What could be improved is that the default
| for xterm_set_titles must currently be off because TERM is evaluated
| at the time the variable is set. If the default is fine, the patch is
| as well, but if it should be on per default (which would make sense)
| it has to be updated. (As it is one of my pet patches, I'd volunteer :)

Small remark: it seems to have a hardwired set of "good"
terminals. Neither or mine (rxvt-unicode and screen-256color-bce)
is one it. Or is that just for the default setting, overridable? No
ncurses/slang query for this capability?

There's no specific terminfo/termcap query since the feature is outside the set of common or predefined capabilities.

Using the title string of xterm as a status line isn't correct since terminfo expects a parameter in "tsl" denoting the column at which output starts.

"screen" has some relevant extensions, including one that lumps several features of "xterm" into (iirc - can't get to manpage right now) "XT".

However, screen does not separate features of xterm, and can do odd things if one uses one of its categories, and none of that behavior is documented. So (except for "AX"), I haven't adopted those.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net