Re: mutt_dotlock and permissions (was: (Solved) Re: pdf attachments)

On 2007-02-15 22:38:40 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> Also, the locking strategy is determined at compile time, i.e.
> dotlocking can be disabled if Mutt thinks it is useless for the
> incoming mailbox. But if later things change (e.g. a change in
> the incoming mailbox, or the use of other mailboxes), this can
> lead to mailbox corruption. I don't think this problem has been
> fixed.

If the locking strategy isn't consistent on a system, then it's
fairly likely that mailbox corruption occurs -- mutt isn't the only
party that locks and writes to mailboxes.

I'm not sure, therefore, where precisely you see the problem that
would need to be fixed inside mutt.

--
Thomas Roessler   <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>